Dr. Nyberg is now employed with Serenity Mental Health Centers in Lehi, UT.

2989 West Maple Loop, Lehi, Utah 84043, United States

(801) 821-2333

Psychiatrist in LEHI, UT. Telepsychiatry services in southern utah.

Q&A with Dr. Nyberg

Can I be reimbursed for seeing an "out-of-network" provider?

You may be able to receive reimbursement from your insurance company for “out-of-network” physicians under certain circumstances.  

Do you offer any financing or payment plans?

I work with Square to provide financing options for my patients. CLICK HERE to learn more. 

Do you take Medicare?

Patients with Medicare may see me only if they sign a private contract giving up their right to file a claim with Medicare.  The contract acknowledges that I am an "opted-out" physician, and therefore Medicare will not be billed and the patient is responsible for the full cost of the appointment.

How do I find out if my insurance will reimburse?

 Follow these steps: 

  1. Please speak to your insurance plan’s Patient Services (number is usually on the back of your insurance card) to find out how much they will reimburse you if you see an “out-of-network provider”. 
  2. I recommend that you inquire about providers who are in your insurance company’s network. Ask who in their network is a board-certified “M.D.” psychiatrist. If you are given a reference, call the office and ask what the waiting time for that physician will be (my usual wait time for a first appointment is typically 1 week or less).  
  3. You can send a letter to your insurance company requesting a “single-case agreement” with me if the wait time is unacceptable.  This would allow your insurance company to treat me as though I was in their network and provide you with at least partial reimbursement. 

Q&A continued

Do you see patients for workers' compensation?

No.  I don't file workers compensation claims for insurance benefits/reimbursement as I have found that the documentation burdens detract from patient care. 

Do you take VA/Tricare (formerly Champus) plans? CHAMP-VA?

I do not accept VA/Tricare plans and will not accept their fee schedule for reimbursement of my services. 

I do not accept CHAMP-VA plans unless already grandfathered in.

Are there any patients that you are reluctant to see?

I may not be a good match for you if you can answer "yes" to one of the following statements:

  1.  My current symptoms are related to an accident or injury. 
  2. I am currently being represented by an attorney and/or I am currently under worker compensation care. 
  3. I may seek an attorney and/or workers’ compensation benefits regarding an accident or injury. 
  4. I am currently filing, or intend to file, for Social Security Disability benefits, or may need to apply for a renewal of my benefits in the coming year. 
  5. There may be legal actions related to child or adult custody, or another legal dispute, in connection with my visit. 

Do you take Medicaid?


No.  Utah law designates which entities can provide behavioral health services to clients with Medicaid.  In Washington and Iron counties, that entity is Southwest Behavioral Health services.